Fixing a Static Archive of a Drupal Site to Redirect Old URLs with Mod Rewrite

The new Google Search Console shows you what URLs were are causing 404 errors, and not in the index. A static archive of this old Drupal site worked okay, but I needed to redirect old URLs so they’d work again.

Continue reading Fixing a Static Archive of a Drupal Site to Redirect Old URLs with Mod Rewrite

Rewriting and Refactoring Hamurabi.bas Part 3.6 More Random Testing

Porting Hamurabi to Javascript has been pretty easy, but I got into the weeds writing tests, and then hit a swamp testing the few lines of game logic. Enter random testing, throwing semi-random data at the function, and seeing what comes out.

Continue reading Rewriting and Refactoring Hamurabi.bas Part 3.6 More Random Testing

How to Add a REST API to an Existing Django Project

This is a note I wrote to myself about how to add Django REST Framework to an existing project. It’s in PDF format, for reading. I didn’t have the time to create a real tutorial that builds up the API, or produce a really useful API. The intention is just to outline what parts get defined and how they work together.

http://riceball.com/d/files/django%20rest%20api%20-%20adding%20to%20existing%20project_0.odt

http://riceball.com/d/files/django%20rest%20api%20-%20adding%20to%20existing%20project_0.pdf