I just had to update my JS toolchain of node on up. NPM is insane. Not just the tool, but the packages.
This is a somewhat elaborate example of how to use conditional CSS and transitions to create a fluid, responsive stack of rectangles that are polite enough to stack up when the screen is narrow. The idea is I'm working on is to have a menuing system that stacks when the screen shrinks.
I don't know anything about CSS Transitions, so I made this little demo to try it out. It's ultra-simple, and I normally wouldn't post this kind of thing, but the examples I saw were a lot snazzier, so it was harder to read the code. (To this end, this is probably too fancy.)
So... we got these servers a couple years ago, and the event logs don't email me things anymore. It was one of those things that I forgot to check because it's something you just don't check, but it's important. I ended up seeing the alerts late. No harm - no foul, but it still sucks.
The problem is, the latest Windows servers don't have a built-in feature to email events from the event log. The fix is to run a PowerScript script to send the message.
The docs are kind of sparse on this, and they really push the simpler "port based vlans". That's not what you want. You want the advanced 802.1Q setup, which is the type of VLAN used on most managed switches.
This script combines individual photos into a video, and adds a timestamp to each frame. It's a poor mans security camera video maker.
I just bought one of those "battery desulfator" devices on ebay. The brand was wizbangplus.com, but there are numerous different brands, and there are some that are added to battery chargers. This essay explains why I got bamboozled.
A funny thing about RAID 1 disk mirroring, is that if you implement it on your computer, you're more likely to experience a failure. The trade off is that the failure won't be catastrophic.
The printer stopped working, so I had to look for instructions. Things have changed a lot since I got this printer. Originally, it required the proprietary HP drivers and utilities, because CUPS didn't have any support. It worked, but was a bit of a pain, and required running a program on the workstation, creating an hplip printer, and printing through that. It worked... but then the drivers stopped working. (Since I print so infrequently, I don't know when they stopped working.)
Migrations are awesome magic, until the magic fails. Then it's an awesomely frightening engine of change that threatens to wipe out your entire database.
So, before doing what I say, backup your database.
I had to enforce a "unique=True" constraint on a model. Migrations are supposed to automatically create a constraint in SQL, as well as its implied index. A quick look at the indexes (SHOW INDEXES FROM Model) didn't show the index.
Python and Django like snake_case.
AngularJS feels like Java, and likes camelCase.
HTML likes dashed-words.
MySQL docs like snake_case, but I see more PascalCase used in databases. It's case-sensitive, too.
Parse.com uses PascalCase for tables/classes, and camelCase for columns/properties/fields. That's like Java OOP.
Django likes to append _id to your primary keys.
So... the problems start to happen when one piece of named data is passed from one layer of the system to another. It's just a good policy to use the same names at all layers, if possible.
The new format of the certificate CRT file is to include the intermediate certificates as well.
If you buy one of the cheaper certs, you're going to get intermediate certs along with the certificate for your site.
The easy way is to cat the cert onto your cert:
cat IntermediateCert.crt >> my.server.crt
">>" means append.
However, the gotcha is that you need to append them in order. So after your cert, you need the intermediate cert for the system that created your cert.
To discover this, use OpenSSL, like so:
When you have Django's migrations making foreign keys, you might hit this error, number 1005 or 105.
This may be happening because foreign key constraints can be applied only to identical columns that are unique.
So, check that they're unique, and add an index. (If you try to add the index, it'll fail if the values are not unique.)
ALTER TABLE X ADD CONSTRAINT UNIQUE INDEX (COLX);
Then, if you still get the error, check that the character sets are the same on both tables. (I don't think Django's db reflection keeps track of that.)