I was working on a small “speech bubble” library, and needed to delay hiding of the bubble. It’s not that it was required, but it was a pain in the butt figuring out how to arrange the event handlers on the different elements so that you don’t end up with a situation where you get a flickering bubble because you hide the bubble, and that fires a mouseover event that, in turn, displays the bubble again. That fires a mouseout event that causes the bubble to be hidden.
It’s been a few weeks since the last post in this series. I’ve spent some time making an interface in React. It’s simple, but also a decent demo. Here’s the demo.
I’ve been feeling kind of burnt out lately, and the clutter’s gone full hoard because I found a bunch of medical supplies for free. Now I need to get rid of them. It’s fun, but also kind of boring, and the clutter is aggravating.
Continue reading Cheered Up by Inbound Links 🙂
I’ve started another project to move a site off of Drupal. Save Our Community is an old community group whose website is out of date an obsolete. The software is back at version 6 of Drupal. It should be kept up for historical reasons.
The new Google Search Console shows you what URLs were are causing 404 errors, and not in the index. A static archive of this old Drupal site worked okay, but I needed to redirect old URLs so they’d work again.